Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Ragazzi Alum Jeremy Weinglass Speaks


From Jeremy Weinglass, original Ragazzi member, professional musician with permission to use media from his website as needed: www.jeremyweinglass.com
 "Ragazzi was monumental in giving me the well-rounded music education I was very fortunate to have at such a young age.  The musicianship training, music theory and experience performing in front of people regularly, really complemented my piano studies which I was doing simultaneously at that time.  From age 10, Ragazzi gave us countless opportunities to mature into young adults.  Touring out of the country for the first time to Canada, a 2 week summer camp to Camp Gualala, and multiple appearances singing the National Anthem at Giants' games are just some of the incredible highlighted memories I will cherish forever.  But even after I graduated (due to my voice change), Ragazzi continued to support the development of my music career; specifically as a pianist.  I was thrilled to have my first job with Ragazzi both as a camp counselor at Gualala and as the accompanist for some of the choirs.  By the time I was 15, I was leading the boys in sport activities, playing the piano in rehearsals and I even got to teach my own theory class!  Because of Ragazzi, I was able to accelerate my piano studies at an even greater rate and I believe the experiences I had gave me a significant advantage in becoming a professional pianist and composer.   Looking back, I can't say enough about how Ragazzi influenced me in my development as a musician as well as a human being.  Ragazzi got me started doing everything that I still love doing today.  That is playing music, performing, teaching, creating, singing, traveling, working with children and continuing to share music my with the world! "

No comments:

Post a Comment